“虽然这是事实，这是更好地给予比接受，给不应该要求超支，” Lawrey说。 “Please consider the ‘opportunity cost’ of overspending during the holidays. In economics, an opportunity cost is the value of next-best use of a resource. Overspending by just $200 during the holidays is literally costing you more than a thousand dollars of future savings, assuming 6% for 30 years.
“一个最简单的方法，你可以开始保护未来在假日期间花费更少的和明智的投资储蓄。 With that in mind, here are a few tips from S. CLAUS for spending less this holiday season:
- S公司挞尽快购物。 Last-minute shopping creates a sense of panic and may lead to overspending on items that no one wants. Why do you think those items are still available?
- C类reate的回忆，而不是垃圾填埋场。 Family outings or excursions are a great way to spend time with family and friends during the holidays. Often these events are the most remembered and appreciated activities of the season. This does not have to be an all-expense paid trip to Gatlinburg for a week. It could be a much more budget friendly trip to an escape room, ropes course, or even staying at home and playing a fun family game.
- 一OOK贴现的礼品卡。 Warehouse clubs typically offer deep discounts on gift cards to popular restaurants and specialty stores. Plus, according to the NRF, gift cards and certificates are one of the most desired gifts. Saving money on a gift that the person actually wants is a win-win.
- 一个无效使用信用卡融资的假期超支。 If you are purchasing most of your gifts with credit cards, then you are most likely overspending. If you use credit cards in order to get extra discounts, rewards or points, make sure to pay off the balance before interest is assessed. Only one to two months of interest may completely offset any “rewards” earned. Paying interest on your holiday spending is not smart money management.
- U型SE与每个人的限制列表。 A list with dollar limits helps you prioritize and control your spending per person, thus better controlling overall spending.
- S公司顶圣诞老人来自馈赠等。 A common suggestion for children is only four gifts including one want, one need, one item of clothing and one book.
“以控制开支的好办法是事先规划。 After the holidays, assess your spending and create a budget for next year, then open a savings or Christmas Club account and set up automatic payments to that account every pay period.